What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Database/Diary/Workflow App solution?

bigjimmy464

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.pandacreativeltd.co.uk
Hi guys. I'm after an easy-to-use 'database' app for my new retina display iPad. I run graphic design company and every day i physically write out a 'to-do' list, check diary entries etc etc. What I would like is an app that i can create my to-do list that would then carry across in a diary format for each working day. I could then keep all my diary entries in one place that would be simple to update along with reminders for invoice payments etc.

I hope you can help, kind regards

James

petermillard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there. If you absolutely have to do it yourself then 'Bento' (from Filemaker) is a pretty good database app for iOS, but the functions you need are built into many, many existing apps that may save you the trouble!

There are so many 'to do' type apps I wouldn't know where to start - though I guess Apple's 'Reminders' app that comes with your iPad is as good a place as any. I'm self-employed and also use 'Informant Pro' as a general calendaring, note-taking, contacts and to-do list app which may well also cover your needs. Like many people using iPads for their business, I've found a collection of off-the-shelf app-store apps that provide the functionality I need, even if there is some overlap on some of the functions.

Hope this helps, Peter

OP
B

bigjimmy464

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.pandacreativeltd.co.uk
Hi Peter, thats fantastic, thank you. Like you say, there is an absolute plethora to choose from and I am just trying to narrow the field down a little. I have already downloaded Bento but it a little too complex for my requirements at this stage. Thanks again for taking the time to reply Peter, much appreciated – kind regards, James.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score

petermillard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@James - no problem, happy to help. If you find your simple database of choice, be sure to post back here and let everyone know!
@Twerppoet - that's a great thread re Evernote; somehow I missed it when it was posted - I'm still working my way through it, and there's some very helpful info in there, so thanks!

Best, Peter

Most reactions