What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

data plans

roetik77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got an ipad 2 wifi. I'm still trying to figure it out. I'd tried to set up a data plan online yesterday with AT&T but could not do so because I don't have an IMEI # or ICCD (I think is what it was). Are there Ipads that aren't compatible with data and are strictly wifi only? Or if I take it to like Verizon or whatnot, can they hook it up?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just got an ipad 2 wifi. I'm still trying to figure it out. I'd tried to set up a data plan online yesterday with AT&T but could not do so because I don't have an IMEI # or ICCD (I think is what it was). Are there Ipads that aren't compatible with data and are strictly wifi only? Or if I take it to like Verizon or whatnot, can they hook it up?
There are two different versions of the iPad, a WiFi only model and a WiFi + cellular model. To use a cellular data plan, you need the WiFi + cellular iPad.

Here's a list of iPad models. Check out the iPad 2 section to see which model you have. You can find the model number on the back of the iPad. http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5452

If you have the WiFi + cellular model, the IMEI and ICCID numbers can be found in Settings>General>About.

Last edited:

Blue92

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you! It appears I have wifi only. :(

I have AT&T with multiple iPhones in the family and just use a personal Hotspot on the phone to connect my wireless iPad as needed.

Just changed plans as a matter of fact that dropped my overall bill and bumped my data up to 10 GB of data per month included.

In reality there is almost always a wireless connection nearby.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts