What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Damaged the USB port of my iPad 2!

Saptarshi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok so I have damged the USB port of my iPad 2 because I was using my MP3 dock cable which is quite tight and while pulling out the USB port got damaged. I live in Qatar where there are no Apple stores of any kind so can I get it replaced from where I bought. Will they agree to replace it? What do you think?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello Saptarshi - welcome to the forum! :)

Just for clarification, the iPad does not have a USB port - I'm assuming that you mean the docking/charging station where you can also make connections w/ other adapters and devices, such as MP3 players/radios/etc.

If you believe that the docking station is now damaged, you need the iPad examined by an 'expert' - not sure 'where' you bought the iPad and when which would impact on its warranty, but certainly take the device back to the place of purchase for their advice. Good luck!

ipaddeveloper888

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple authorized service provider IN QATAR

[h=3]Al Mana & Partners[/h] P. O. Box 49, Al Diwan Street, Doha, Qatar
Tel: +974 4354597, +974 4312245
+974 4422092, +974 4449446
Contact person: Sanath Fernando
Email: [email protected]

OP
S

Saptarshi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To all of ya I mean that place where you put one end of the dock cable and the other end is USB which you put into the computer. I guess there is a very very minor damage which I see to be a very small scratch I mean little bit (very little bit) has sort of scratched. I got this error a week back and I think I didnt notice the damage that time I guess it wasnt there at that time. You think thats the cause and you think they will replace it?

dMog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
still not sure if the damage is on the ipad OR on the conection that goes into the ipad or the the part that goes inot the computer...either way it neds to be replaced...hopefully it is the cable conections and not inside the ipad as that will be a cheaper fix and quicker too.

Most reactions

Latest posts