What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Damaged corner of ipad3

kevinhunter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guys looking for a bit of advice. I dropped my iPad on a tiled floor and have damaged the corner up near the camera . The aluminium back is bent and causing the front part of my screen to bend up and out...to the point I can see inside the casing. I also have the back light showing quite a lot around the screen. Everything works fine but any advice on getting this repaired or taking to genius bar. Is this something that would be covered with warranty? I am still within warrant as 6 months old. Gutted about it. Another,thing I'm noticing as I type this is it seems very very hot at the moment!? I did it on holiday and still away so can't contact apple at the mo....

CHeers guys

Kev

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
kevinhunter said:
I guys looking for a bit of advice. I dropped my iPad on a tiled floor and have damaged the corner up near the camera . The aluminium back is bent and causing the front part of my screen to bend up and out...to the point I can see inside the casing. I also have the back light showing quite a lot around the screen. Everything works fine but any advice on getting this repaired or taking to genius bar. Is this something that would be covered with warranty? I am still within warrant as 6 months old. Gutted about it. Another,thing I'm noticing as I type this is it seems very very hot at the moment!? I did it on holiday and still away so can't contact apple at the mo....

CHeers guys

Kev

You should definitely take it in to an Apple store. Your ipad needs a new case as well replacements for possile damaged internal components. The overheating since the accident may be caused by a damaged battery. The damage to your iPad, caused by the fall is not covered under warranty unless you purchased the AppleCare+ plan.
BTW, if there's an Apple store near where you are staying while on holiday, you can try taking it to the Genius bar there and having them take a look at it.

Last edited:
OP
kevinhunter

kevinhunter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for reply. Any idea how much this kind of work costs if don't have apple care? I'm from the uk. Ps I'm in Cuba so no apple store .,thanks Kev

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The cost is for out of warranty repair is generally about half the cost of a new iPad. What they do is exchange your iPad for a new or refurbished iPad. Make sure to do a backup of your iPad before taking it in.

Most reactions