What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Custom signatures

Tim84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Annoyingly there isn't so keep sending my work signature on hotmail messages etc. when I'm not concentrating...

Unless someone knows a magic fix to this, but I doubt it.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sparrow just came out on the iPad. Mail is fine for me, so I didn't look closely at the features, but it's the closest thing to a real Mail replacement to come out so far. It might have what you want.

OP
M

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only account I really need a signature for is my work account. I usually just copy/paste it from another message I've sent, but I was hoping there was a better way. The email app is fine, otherwise.

Thanks, anyway.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only account I really need a signature for is my work account. I usually just copy/paste it from another message I've sent, but I was hoping there was a better way. The email app is fine, otherwise.

Thanks, anyway.

I suggest creating a two-character keyboard shortcut. Then with two keystrokes, you can add your sig to whatever you want.

Settings > General > Keyboard > Shortcuts

Just use any two-character combo of characters that you're otherwise unlikely to use regularly, like qq, aa, zz, etc.

Tim84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
I suggest creating a two-character keyboard shortcut. Then with two keystrokes, you can add your sig to whatever you want.

Settings > General > Keyboard > Shortcuts

Just use any two-character combo of characters that you're otherwise unlikely to use regularly, like qq, aa, zz, etc.

Brilliant idea there - I will use this myself, thanks!!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
And - before anyone asks ...

Keep in mind that the shortcuts do not create carriage returns or line breaks. Every shortcut will be put in as one long line. But, you can just make the carriage return yourself (in your e-mail) when you put your signature in. Still quicker than typing it in all the time ... and much better than not having one.

Also, I don't know how big a line you can make. Just for the heck of it, I put in the opening to Lincoln's Gettysburg Address and made a shortcut for it. Worked like a charm - the whole thing showed up after using the two-letter shortcut! So, you can be creative...

Marilyn

OP
M

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay and Mickey,

Great idea, I'll have to set one up. And yes, my work signature does have carriage returns in it!

Thanks!

Most reactions

Latest posts