What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Copying to new iPad

HowardBrazee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The last time I downloaded an app, Apple had me accept that I was only "renting" the app for one device.

Does that apply when I upgrade my iPad? Or if I already have an app on my iPad and my iPod?

My wife is talking about getting another one for when we both want to read books. If Apple books are only readable on one device, we won't be buying books from the iTunes store.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First of all, welcome to the forum!

Are you referring to apps or books?

As far as apps, as long as you sync your new iPad or another Apple mobile device (iPhone, iPod or iPad) to the same library on the same computer, all the content from that library can be transferred to that device.

As far as books, I am not really sure how iBooks works since I have only purchased ONE book from the iBook Store. I buy most of my books from Amazon and use the Kindle app to read them. Once you buy a book from Amazon, you can authorize several (5 I think?) devices to your account. That includes Apple mobile devices, an actual Kindle reader or the Kindle for PC program.

Does this clarify things or are you even more confused?

Jucabreira

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sync kindle books to ipad

I read where you can sync the books you have already purchased on your kindle to your iPad. I just got my iPad and wanted to sync some books I have not read on my kindle to my iPad.:)

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you log into your Amazon account on the Kindle app on your iPad, it will automatically authorize that device and make your library accessable.

Most reactions

Latest posts