What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Copy n paste

Sjwred

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just tried to copy and paste the list of HP printers that use AirPrint. Anyway when I go to paste it in notes nothing happens at all,not even the key board pops up ? I have to do a hard re-set to get notes working again. I even tried a small sentence to try same happened ,only hard re-set gets notes and copy and paste going again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - sorry you've had this problem. Are you saying that the 'hard reset' solved the problem? If so, don't worry, it's not a big deal - how many times have you had to reset your PC (I've lost count!). You don't lose any files or documents doing a hard reset...all computers have 'issues' so don't panic....

If the problem persists - or if I've misunderstood your problem (I usually do!) please post again and we'll all try our best to find a solution..

Tim
Scotland

OP
Sjwred

Sjwred

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
OK - sorry you've had this problem. Are you saying that the 'hard reset' solved the problem? If so, don't worry, it's not a big deal - how many times have you had to reset your PC (I've lost count!). You don't lose any files or documents doing a hard reset...all computers have 'issues' so don't panic....

If the problem persists - or if I've misunderstood your problem (I usually do!) please post again and we'll all try our best to find a solution..

Tim
Scotland

Thanks Tim,you have not misunderstood ,only hard reset works not a soft.I tried different web pages as well, same out come,I just wrote something inside notes and copied the word ? Very random,it seems only web based it's having issues with.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sounds like a combination of something odd being copied from the web page and a bug in the Notes app.

I suggest trying it with some other text or note app.

If you really want it in the Notes app and don't want to bother finding an installing a second app, you could probably paste it into a new email and then copy it again from there.

This is all untested guessing, so if it works for you please let me know.

BTW, what sight are you copying the list from? I may want to experiment with it myself later.

OP
Sjwred

Sjwred

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Sounds like a combination of something odd being copied from the web page and a bug in the Notes app.

I suggest trying it with some other text or note app.

If you really want it in the Notes app and don't want to bother finding an installing a second app, you could probably paste it into a new email and then copy it again from there.

This is all untested guessing, so if it works for you please let me know.

BTW, what sight are you copying the list from? I may want to experiment with it myself later.

The apple store ref all the HP printers and the link from this forum.

Reaction score
I just tried the same thing and it works fine for me.
Do you select the whole box, as shown in the picture?

Somehow iPF made the image blurry while uploading.

Attachments

• image-836053017.jpg
    image-836053017.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 277
OP
Sjwred

Sjwred

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea I did. I think I have a bad app somewhere .I have had a stuck safari as well,would not let me choose a bookmark page or go back ,so had to hit the home button. Bad times

Most reactions

Latest posts