What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

avi files on Ipad ?

keevill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there currently any way to play avi files on an Ipad without converting them first on a pc to some other format?
I want to use the camera connection adaptor to take my jpg and avi files off my camera without extra steps.
-keevill-

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
keevill said:
Is there currently any way to play avi files on an Ipad without converting them first on a pc to some other format?
I want to use the camera connection adaptor to take my jpg and avi files off my camera without extra steps.
-keevill-

There are many movie player aps in the app store that will support avi, wmv, mkv, divx...etc...etc formats. I use AVplayerHD also allows you to transfer movies to the app via wifi. Others have mention that azul player also works very well.
As far as the cck.....it is only used for importing pictures off sd cards/flash drives....you need to be jailbroken in order to pull the vids off the memory card with ifile from cydia.

richardbui

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use air video as it let's me convert on the fly to my iPad. Great stuff.

OP
K

keevill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
keevill said:
-keevill-

There are many movie player aps in the app store that will support avi, wmv, mkv, divx...etc...etc formats. I use AVplayerHD also allows you to transfer movies to the app via wifi. Others have mention that azul player also works very well.
As far as the cck.....it is only used for importing pictures off sd cards/flash drives....you need to be jailbroken in order to pull the vids off the memory card with ifile from cydia.

OK thanks for that, I will try AVplayerHD.
Incidentally, I have no problem pulling the videos off the card using the CK on my Ipad 2. Dunno if that's something to do with the Ipad1 versus Ipad2.
-keevill-

mobi1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not exactly sure but I think VLC player can play AVI files. VLC has been pulled out of appstore, but if your ipad is jailbroken you can install it via external sources.

Most reactions

Latest posts