What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Control Question

mackem79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When my young son plays with the iPad he just touches the screen at random (he's 18 months old) but every now and then I get the multitask menu.

Is there a way of bringing this up without using the home key ?

Also, I remember reading that in ios 5 you could close an app completely, can you do this and if so how ?

Thanks.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A four- or five-finger swipe will bring up the multitask bar (part of new multigestures feature, which your kid has apparently mastered).

Closing an app remains the same as before 5 and 5.0.1: Bring up multitask bar, hold till you get jiggling apps, click whichever app you want to close.

OP
M

mackem79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
A four- or five-finger swipe will bring up the multitask bar (part of new multigestures feature, which your kid has apparently mastered).

Closing an app remains the same as before 5 and 5.0.1: Bring up multitask bar, hold till you get jiggling apps, click whichever app you want to close.

Excellent thanks for the swift and helpful response.

Most reactions