What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Control iPad with iPod while using AirPlay

frasefrase

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone knows a way to do the following; I have my iPad 2 in an Apple dock which is connected to my stereo. I'm streaming music from my laptop to the iPad via AirPlay. Is there anyway to control the music using my iPod? The Apple Remote app only seems to control the music on the device it is stored on, so I can't change songs while the iPad is streaming via AirPlay. Cheers

HedgeHogLuvva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
frasefrase said:
Wondering if anyone knows a way to do the following; I have my iPad 2 in an Apple dock which is connected to my stereo. I'm streaming music from my laptop to the iPad via AirPlay. Is there anyway to control the music using my iPod? The Apple Remote app only seems to control the music on the device it is stored on, so I can't change songs while the iPad is streaming via AirPlay. Cheers

Plugplayer? http://www.plugplayer.com/

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
How about replacing your iPad and dock with an airport express, then you could use both your iPod and iPad to send music to it.

Most reactions