What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Contacts . .

pkmccrary

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm entering data into the "Contacts" app. Can't find a way to group my contacts. With other apps I could segregate entries by groups such as Family, Friends, CoWorkers, Venders, Doctors, Restaurants, et cetera. Can that be done with my iPad Contacts app? If so, how?

Jockscrap

iPF Novice
Reaction score
pkmccrary said:
I'm entering data into the "Contacts" app. Can't find a way to group my contacts. With other apps I could segregate entries by groups such as Family, Friends, CoWorkers, Venders, Doctors, Restaurants, et cetera. Can that be done with my iPad Contacts app? If so, how?

I have a bit of a work-around for this. Immediately under where i enter the name, where it says company, I enter the group name eg, church, Neighbours etc. if I want to see all the group in one place, I use the search function to search for the group name and get a list which I can then use to send emails too, get their phone numbers etc. not perfect, but it works for me.

OP
P

pkmccrary

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried that, but when I start a search I am not offered a choice of 1st name, last name, or company name. How is that done?

Jockscrap

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As an example, let's say I have 100 contacts. 20 are church contacts, so under their names in their contacts entry in the company line, I enter 'church'. If I want to find someone in this church group, I only need to enter 'church' in the contacts search box, and all entries in that group appear in a list. Some contacts belong to more than one group, eg, church and neighbour. As long as I have both group search terms listed in the contacts info, they will show up in the search. You don't need to search specifically for a company name, just the name of the group. Sorry if I am misunderstanding what it is you are trying to do.

OP
P

pkmccrary

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jockscrap said:
As an example, let's say I have 100 contacts. 20 are church contacts, so under their names in their contacts entry in the company line, I enter 'church'. If I want to find someone in this church group, I only need to enter 'church' in the contacts search box, and all entries in that group appear in a list. Some contacts belong to more than one group, eg, church and neighbour. As long as I have both group search terms listed in the contacts info, they will show up in the search. You don't need to search specifically for a company name, just the name of the group. Sorry if I am misunderstanding what it is you are trying to do.

It's probably simpler than I expected. I was looking for a choice: search contact by company name; or search contact by last name; or search contact by first name. I'll try it just as you suggest.

tekki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use abcontacts from the app store. You can set a group then click on the group and have various ways to message, email, SMS,etc. I love,it

Most reactions

Latest posts