What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Contact details lost

Johnny8718

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All.

Yet more IOS5 issues. Since updating the iPad and iPhone, all of my contacts have synced to the iPad but although they are all listed, the are no actual details saved against the names now in the iPad address book/contacts app.

Any ideas as to what I may have done wrong?

Cheers, John.

Geebee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Johnny8718 said:
Hi All.

Yet more IOS5 issues. Since updating the iPad and iPhone, all of my contacts have synced to the iPad but although they are all listed, the are no actual details saved against the names now in the iPad address book/contacts app.

Any ideas as to what I may have done wrong?

Cheers, John.

I have the exact same problem. Can anyone tell me how together the comtact details back to my contact list without having to enter each person's data manually?
Thanks for your help.
Geebee2

OP
J

Johnny8718

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
What service/account type are you syncing with, and are they correct there?

?????????

I'm syncing with iTunes and the iCloud.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
?????????

I'm syncing with iTunes and the iCloud.

Have you set up any kind of syncing in the Info tab in iTunes (sync with a contact manager on the computer), or is it just iCloud?

Have you every synced your contacts with any service other than iCloud?

Have you gone to icloud.com on a desktop to see if the information is there?

And have you done a backup/sync with iTunes since you lost the contact information? If not, then don't. You may be able tot get it back from the backup if it was done before the iOS 5 update.

I have no idea why you lost the details, and I'm not holding out much hope here. I just want to make sure I know exactly what's going on, just in case there is a way to recover the information.

Most reactions