What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

contact app losing "edit" and + "button"

nammi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife just finished upgrading her 3g ipad-2 from 4.3.3 to 5.0.1 ... she noticed the above problem when checking her contact ..

how to resolve this problem .. ? .. does she need to restore back her ipad ?

vgorena

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hi... One of my students had this problem, first try to reset your iPad pushing at the same time the start button and the on/off button for aprox. 5 to 10 secs... Will appear turn off button, and the same procedure to start again your iPad.
Then double clic on the start button, and all the apps that you was using will appear listed in horizontal above, put your finger in one of it for tree seconds and when the red button appears start to close all apps...

After that open again contacts... If the problem persists... You will have to restore connecting your iPad to your computer and you must to restore first with your actual user, and if again is here the problem then maybe you will need to restore like a new user, that means that you will loose all the data that you have, so, before to do that, make a backup of your calendar and of all your documents in case you are using apps like pages, numbers, docs to go, notes, etc. And for your contacts maybe you can't make a backup because this situation but you can take images screens pushing at the same time the start button and on/off button for only one second....

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
nammi

nammi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you for the response .. I have tried doing what suggest rebooting the ipad by pushing the sleep button and the home button ..

but the problem still there .. contact still missing the "edit" & "+" button

i guess i will have to do restore .. unless some one can give me another suggestion ?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
nammi said:
thank you for the response .. I have tried doing what suggest rebooting the ipad by pushing the sleep button and the home button ..

but the problem still there .. contact still missing the "edit" & "+" button

i guess i will have to do restore .. unless some one can give me another suggestion ?

Just answered your other thread but I'll repeat it here.
In ICloud in Settings make sure your Contacts is turned On here.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
nammi

nammi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i turned on the icloud in setting ... It worked like a charm !!! .. thank you leelai

Most reactions

Latest posts