What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Constipated ipad.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Can you take your iPad to another network, perhaps a library, and compare how it performs?

This would absolutely eliminate the hardware vs internet/provider question.

At any rate, the storage is obviously not the issue. The other software/OS issue might be apps that are taking too much processing power in the background. Turning the iPad off then on would have eliminated almost all of that possibility. While a truly rouge app might still exist, the possibly is very low.

The only other thing I can think of is hardware. If the iPad is getting hot, it can throttle the CPU speed. But that would be obviously hot. Not just a bit warm to the touch; unless you are in a hot environment. Other hardware problems would be difficult to detect without running a diagnostic. Something you’d need Apple or a certified repair shop to do.

OP
S
Reaction score
Can you take your iPad to another network, perhaps a library, and compare how it performs?

This would absolutely eliminate the hardware vs internet/provider question.

At any rate, the storage is obviously not the issue. The other software/OS issue might be apps that are taking too much processing power in the background. Turning the iPad off then on would have eliminated almost all of that possibility. While a truly rouge app might still exist, the possibly is very low.

The only other thing I can think of is hardware. If the iPad is getting hot, it can throttle the CPU speed. But that would be obviously hot. Not just a bit warm to the touch; unless you are in a hot environment. Other hardware problems would be difficult to detect without running a diagnostic. Something you’d need Apple or a certified repair shop to do.
Hi twerppoet, appreciate your thoughts. Yes all makes sense.. our poor library, got a shock as its almost closed down due to the crisis, no life as it used to have/ no one in. Sad. So alas my only place to test it.

Saying that, I recall ( sorry I should've said ) i spent few nights recently at my folks, with it, & noticed no such similar problems. It seemed to work far better.

So, Im almost ready to swallow my hat & agree with your theory.. that its what is being fed to the hub then. I thought 1.2xyz was what i always had here.. but i may be mistaken.

No heat problems. And I only have about 3 apps, i rarely use. The only thing i have many of, is photos... but does't my 17.7gb of useage tell me that my many photos can't be any issue-?

Grateful, SC

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Keep in mind that your internet isn’t always stable. It can go up and down, and speed is not the only thing that can cause problems. High error rate for packets can also slow things to a crawl.

As far as you usage, 17.7 GB out 64 GB means you have well over half of your storage free. You’re barely using it.

OP
S
Reaction score
Ok, thanks. So I understand the ipsd storage isn't making this problem happen. Is there anything else in it, that can slow the thing down though? I need to exhaust every possible place. Basically I have no other option. Im desperate now.

Even with 1.2 whatever it is, being fed to my hub, that maybe be very low.. but i should still be able to do basic websites, surely. At the moment Im barely able to get int9 my email account.. it times out a few times so its getting worse by the da now, unless I power down/ on again, this is the only way I can just get into my outlook acco7nt. Next week at this rate... I simply wont be able to.
Keep in mind that your internet isn’t always stable. It can go up and down, and speed is not the only thing that can cause problems. High error rate for packets can also slow things to a crawl.

As far as you usage, 17.7 GB out 64 GB means you have well over half of your storage free. You’re barely using it.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok, thanks. So I understand the ipsd storage isn't making this problem happen. Is there anything else in it, that can slow the thing down though? I need to exhaust every possible place. Basically I have no other option. Im desperate now.

Even with 1.2 whatever it is, being fed to my hub, that maybe be very low.. but i should still be able to do basic websites, surely. At the moment Im barely able to get int9 my email account.. it times out a few times so its getting worse by the da now, unless I power down/ on again, this is the only way I can just get into my outlook acco7nt. Next week at this rate... I simply wont be able to.
Internet speed is usually measured in Mbps. My speed, for example, on fibre is about 30 Mbps for downloading. Your speed of 1.2 might be the problem. Perhaps you need to seek out an alternative provider.

OP
S
Reaction score
Internet speed is usually measured in Mbps. My speed, for example, on fibre is about 30 Mbps for downloading. Your speed of 1.2 might be the problem. Perhaps you need to seek out an alternative provider.
Thats a new angle. But I thought if, as I-know it to be, different providers use the same lines going into the local box thing, from there into our houses around here... if this hardware isshared, between providers, not each provider installing new hardware... doesnt this suggest, by logic, that switching providers simply not cannot result in a different 1.2 number though-?

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thats a new angle. But I thought if, as I-know it to be, different providers use the same lines going into the local box thing, from there into our houses around here... if this hardware isshared, between providers, not each provider installing new hardware... doesnt this suggest, by logic, that switching providers simply not cannot result in a different 1.2 number though-?
It’s not that simple. I think you should contact your provider and explain your speed is inadequate and see what your options are.

OP
S
Reaction score
Hi ju
It’s not that simple. I think you should contact your provider and explain your speed is inadequate and see what your options are.
hi jupiter.. yes thanks will do. But i read online that 1.2 maybe slow for downloading things, but afaik I dont do this.

anyway ihave a huge battle now i can forsee going on years. Its blood from a stone to even speak to someone, let alone get this 1.2 number higher.

thanks for your help, SC

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi ju

hi jupiter.. yes thanks will do. But i read online that 1.2 maybe slow for downloading things, but afaik I dont do this.

anyway ihave a huge battle now i can forsee going on years. Its blood from a stone to even speak to someone, let alone get this 1.2 number higher.

thanks for your help, SC
Watching video is downloading - and a lot more than just surfing the web. Good luck with the internet provider!

OP
S
Reaction score
So after I watch a youtube crime 1/2 hour etc.. this has been " downloaded" then? Does this therefore mean, somewhere in my ipad, i have ammassed countless similar 'tv shows' somewhere inside it?

Could this the the reason its constipated??

Querty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you got a friend who will let you log on to their wifi they can change pass word after if they want but as said above it would rule things out you don’t want to be buying a new ipad to find it’s just the same.

Querty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So after I watch a youtube crime 1/2 hour etc.. this has been " downloaded" then? Does this therefore mean, somewhere in my ipad, i have ammassed countless similar 'tv shows' somewhere inside it?

From your storage it’s not constipated at all you have lots of space on it.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Not unless you’ve saved them. You will simply be streaming the videos for a one-time watch.

OP
S
Reaction score
But if ive " downlaoded" a youtube thing for eg, it suggests ive put in in somewhere & " saved " it doesn't it ?

And If ive " uploaded " something.. tbh ive no idea: Could it be that ive " uploaded " things, & they are somewhere ammassing inside it?

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
But if ive " downlaoded" a youtube thing for eg, it suggests ive put in in somewhere & " saved " it doesn't it ?

And If ive " uploaded " something.. tbh ive no idea: Could it be that ive " uploaded " things, & they are somewhere ammassing inside it?
When you watch YouTube either via Safari or the YouTube App, you are streaming video (which needs to be downloaded, albeit temporarily). It won’t be saved anywhere, unless you subscribe to a premium version of YouTube, which does permit saving to watch offline. Uploading would be, as an example, you posting a video on YouTube.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts