What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Considering iPad

bbob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am the sole PC and Blackberry user in my household where everyone else is on Macs and iPhones. I am considering going to an iPad for travel but am concerned that it only connects using WiFi. I do not want to lock into a data contract to use 3G - it's not cost effective.

When I travel, a number of hotels have no WiFi in the rooms but do have hard-wire connections to use the internet. Is there a USB accessory that allows hard-wire connection to the internet for the iPad?

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There is no contract for 3G, buy when you want, cancel when you want!

There is a thing called AirPort Express that people seem to like. It is from Apple and you plug into the wall and the LAN cable and it becomes a Wi-Fi connection - but really any cheap and compact Wi-Fi router will do.

Apple - AirPort Express

I'm also a PC (Windows 7) user - Welcome!

Last edited:

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If the money is not an issue, consider the 3G model anyway. You can sign up anytime you need it, and for a reasonable price. With no service plan, you are not obligated for anything more than one month at a time. For $15 or $30 month it is a decent bargain. It also has the GPS chipset which will allow you to use any of the GPS programs for travel.

Most reactions

Latest posts