What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

connection kit problem

woodchip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently purchased an apple camera connection kit which comes in 2 parts. On connecting the usb part and connecting with a card reader it shows a window stating that the devise cannot be used because it uses too much power, I connected another card reader and it says the same. I thought that this was the idea of this piece of kit, can anybody suggest a solution,

Colin

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
woodchip said:
I recently purchased an apple camera connection kit which comes in 2 parts. On connecting the usb part and connecting with a card reader it shows a window stating that the devise cannot be used because it uses too much power, I connected another card reader and it says the same. I thought that this was the idea of this piece of kit, can anybody suggest a solution,

Colin

Hi Colin,
Your humorous reference to "piece of kit" made me laugh.
Not out loud, but significantly, just the same.

Thank you.

Chas

Sent from my new iPad 3 using iPF

spaghetti head

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Colin

I've gotten that message before using my 4 & 5 year old Olympus cameras and the USB connection. I put a fresh battery(s) in the cameras and the problem went away.

With my wife's camera a 2 year old Olympus I always get this notification with the USB cable. I don't know how charged her battery is. Her camera has an SD card, so I use the SD card reader instead of the USB connection and there's no problem.

My iPhone has never given me a problem when using the USB connection.

I also get this warning when I try to plug in my USB humping dog.

Most reactions

Latest posts