What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connecting Nokia 6630 to iPad via USB

furlongrob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi.

I'm new to my iPad3 having owned it for a month or so. And new to this forum.

I have a Nokia 6630 phone, I know it's quite old, but I can use it to connect my laptop to the internet easily, and wanted to use it to connect my iPad to the internet.
I've tried bluetoothing the Nokia but the iPad doesn't support this phone.
So I'm hoping I can connect the Nokia phone to iPad with the iPad USB cable and the Nokia USB cable, and connect the two devices with a female-female USB adapter.
Does anybody know if it would work?
Fingers crossed.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi.

I'm new to my iPad3 having owned it for a month or so. And new to this forum.

I have a Nokia 6630 phone, I know it's quite old, but I can use it to connect my laptop to the internet easily, and wanted to use it to connect my iPad to the internet.
I've tried bluetoothing the Nokia but the iPad doesn't support this phone.
So I'm hoping I can connect the Nokia phone to iPad with the iPad USB cable and the Nokia USB cable, and connect the two devices with a female-female USB adapter.
Does anybody know if it would work?
Fingers crossed.

No, a physical connection doesn't work in using a phone to connect an iPad to the Internet. The only way to use a phone to connect an iPad to the 'Net is to use the phone as a WiFi hotspot, which depends on whether your phone (and your carrier) provide/have such services.

The iPad can only connect wirelessly. Sorry.

Marilyn

OP
F

furlongrob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Marilyn.
Thought it might be too good to be true. When we were in PC World the salesman connected their display iPad to the net with his iphone and I thought I could do the same with the Nokia. Will find out from Vodaphone if it's possible.
Thanks.

Most reactions

Latest posts