What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connecting iPad to hd tv

Davios

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all

I'm new to this forum and iPads and am not a techie so go easy on me if I'm doing something stupid!

I'm trying to connect my iPad to a Sony Bravia tv kdl-32u4000 using the digital av adaptor and a hdmi cable. Picture comes up fine on tv but no audio. The hdmi cable is fine as it worked on my cable tv box? Maybe the adaptor is faulty?

Any help or ideas would be very welcome as its driving me insane!

mlaurencg4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Davios said:
Hi all

I'm new to this forum and iPads and am not a techie so go easy on me if I'm doing something stupid!

I'm trying to connect my iPad to a Sony Bravia tv kdl-32u4000 using the digital av adaptor and a hdmi cable. Picture comes up fine on tv but no audio. The hdmi cable is fine as it worked on my cable tv box? Maybe the adaptor is faulty?

Any help or ideas would be very welcome as its driving me insane!

Hello and welcome to the iPad 3 Forum.

You didn't say where you got your adaptor or what make it is and yes kt may be the problem, but first I suggest you check this support page:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4108

OP
D

Davios

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mlaurencg4 said:
Hello and welcome to the iPad 3 Forum.

You didn't say where you got your adaptor or what make it is and yes kt may be the problem, but first I suggest you check this support page:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4108

Thank you for your comment? The adaptor is an apple digital av adaptor. Has anyone had problems with these before?

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't have any trouble with the one I bought from the Apple store. I've only used it for viewing photos, videos taken with an iPhone and copied to the iPad, and videos imported through iTunes. The sound and picture quality is good.

Sent from my iPad using iPF - Peace

yof

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some adapters like hdmi cables only produce sound recent new ones come with sound but don't be fooled by the cost of 20$ or more. Walmart sells some for 15$.

Most reactions

Latest posts