What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connect iPad with Raspberry Pi

Abmvk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone here have any experience with using the iPad as a platform to do coding for an attached Raspberry Pi?

At this moment I have a headless Pi, connected to my iPad, running Samba and SSH. If I understand correctly I should be able to use VSC via Blink to do coding on the Pi. But I have no idea how to do so

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Not sure if this is what you are after, but I've used the remote desktop app AnyDesk to access my Pi. You have to install it on both devices, but once you do you can do anything on the Pi that could be done with a keyboard and monitor attached.

It's been a long time since I played with the Pi. Maybe I should fire it up again, and try to remember what I got it for.

OP
Abmvk

Abmvk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, I will try it.

And if I may suggest a use for the pi: if you don’t use it, sell it. There is a great demand and no production, so some people will be thankful for it

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem.

There are many possible uses for the Pi. I'm sure I'll settle on one, but if I don't I'll certainly look at selling it, or just giving it to one of my more industrious friends.

I recently saw a youtube video on cheaper alternatives to the Raspberry Pi. I wish I could find it again.

Most reactions