What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connect and use an external usb device ?

fernan1870

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone know if exist any way to connect and use an external usb device on New Ipad 3 ?

Thanks in advance !

intro2ipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can connect a camera using the USB camera connection kit. I believe you can use it to connect a variety of other devices (a quick google will return a list no doubt). Won't be able to use anything that needs a high power USB port though, but I have for example successfully used an external USB microphone to record audio on the iPad into the free app WavePad.

OP
F

fernan1870

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, You're right in this sense :) , I have connect my new Ipad with my electric piano (yamaha clavinova series) using app Garage band (It´s funny), but i would like use a pendrive like usb device massive storage and open files variety like (docs, photos, pictures, etc)

drathbun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As mentioned, you can use the camera connection kit to connect USB devices to your iPad. There is a caveat however; devices that draw too much power will get an error message from the iPad. So some USB flash drives will work, others will not. There is a workaround I've seen on a YouTube where this guy attached a full USB apple keyboard through a powered USB hub and then to the camera connection kit and it worked fine.

Sent from my iPad3 using iPF

zaen03

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As mentioned, you can use the camera connection kit to connect USB devices to your iPad. There is a caveat however; devices that draw too much power will get an error message from the iPad. So some USB flash drives will work, others will not. There is a workaround I've seen on a YouTube where this guy attached a full USB apple keyboard through a powered USB hub and then to the camera connection kit and it worked fine.

Sent from my iPad3 using iPF
Hi

You mentioned that you can use a camera connection kit to create an USB interface, but you also mentioned that only some USB stick work, are you aware which USB sticks do work? Would I be able to view a video stored within USB stick, also would large memory UsB stick ie 25GB work?

Most reactions

Latest posts