What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confused

Brendanna336

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm fairly new to apple products but looking for a tablet, the two l'm looking at are within my budget. The first one is an ipad pro 1 and other is an ipad 6th generation, I'll be using it for game apps, research and putting together ebooks. I want to use an apple pencil and possibly a keyboard with the one I buy, I was told the ipad pro has been updated to a 14.7., which one would be my best choice? Thanks

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums!

Both devices can connect to the Apple Pencil 1st generation, both can also be used with a keyboard (iPad Pro with Smart or Bluetooth Keyboard; iPad 6th gen with Bluetooth keyboard). The latest software for both is iPadOS 14.7.1.
The main differences between them:
- screen size (iPad Pro: 12.9 inches or 9.7 inches, iPad 6th generation: 9.7 inches)
- release date (iPad Pro: 2015 or 2016, iPad 6th gen.: 2018)
For comparison:
As I’m not sure which iPad Pro you’re referring to, I’ve included both.

The features are almost the same. In this case, I’d suggest getting the younger model (iPad 6th generation).
The iPad Pro will be able to update to iPadOS 15 in autumn, it‘s not sure whether or not it gets or can handle the software version that follows next year, though.

Most reactions

Latest posts