What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confused ipad User

princs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I found this site, and it will probably be a blessing. I have had the ipad for several months now. Apparently, I do not know all the benefits of the ipad because I bought a laptop with windows to make up what I couldn't view on the ipad. I have a friend who continuously pushes apple products, and she has chastised me for buying the laptop when I can just use the ipad. I don't know what questions to ask if I don't know the capabilities of the ipad. I will be reading and learning for now. I live in Florida, in Mickey Mouse's backyard; although, i have my doubts about if I am really in Florida these days considering the temperatures we have been experiencing. I keep humming "New York, New York". I look forward to learning, and hope you all have patience with a computer illiterate.

iPadBrow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll advice you, just use it more and more you will got all idea slowly but surly.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Buying a laptop was NOT a bad idea, don't let your friend's opinion dictate how you feel about your purchases.

The truth is, there are quite a few tasks that the iPad simply cannot do, or at a minimum is much more cumbersome and difficult to perform than it would be on a laptop.

Use your iPad as much as you can, but don't feel guilty when you want to use the laptop instead of the iPad to complete a task.

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome,

Download the manual and study it with the iPad in hand, then read all you can here on the forum. Use the search function as much as you can, it can be frustrating though, I understand that.

Click below for the iPad Manual.

lloydkuhnle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.lloydkuhnle.com
To new user

Hello, I found this site, and it will probably be a blessing. I have had the ipad for several months now. Apparently, I do not know all the benefits of the ipad because I bought a laptop with windows to make up what I couldn't view on the ipad. I have a friend who continuously pushes apple products, and she has chastised me for buying the laptop when I can just use the ipad. I don't know what questions to ask if I don't know the capabilities of the ipad. I will be reading and learning for now. I live in Florida, in Mickey Mouse's backyard; although, i have my doubts about if I am really in Florida these days considering the temperatures we have been experiencing. I keep humming "New York, New York". I look forward to learning, and hope you all have patience with a computer illiterate.

I am also new to the iPad. Don't feel bad about also having a computer. To get the most out of the iPad, you have to sinc it with iTunes now and then. You do need a computer for that.

The iPad does not replace the computer, it just gives you mor options.

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
think of the iPad as a tool to make life easier. You can do basic needed to do things and not lug around a laptop anymore.

I'm currently setting up my iPad for in the field data use.. the iPad 2 I'll buy as my personal toy at home. But my current iPad I'll use for work while in the field and at the office, backed by my work computer.

It's a learning process. So think of it like a cellphone. Cellphones now make it possible to surf the web and look up information on the go, rather than a couple years ago when phone/text/email was the only functional, and you had to call someone to look up something sittiing infront of a computer.

OP
P

princs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you!!!

Thank you all for such great responses. I will be taking your suggestions. HOW WONDERFUL! Here's wishing you all a GREAT 2011!!!!

Most reactions

Latest posts