What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confused by the provided power supply

iGirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my iPad1 used from BestBuy and all it can with is the Apple wall wart converter and an iPad to usb cable.

The thing is - the wall wart has a connection on it that looks like FIREWIRE not USB! A USB cable won't fit.

I'm charging it on my Mac - but what's the deal with this wall wart? What was I supposed to get - one that had USB?

OP
iGirl

iGirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been searching online about that configuration and it seems that long ago iPod used to use such a connector. I think they gave me the wrong one! :mad:

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, the firewire charger has stopped being supported for the last few generations of Apple products. I still have one which came with my 2nd gen iPod, but I don't think it would work with any of the current devices.

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Was this a new in-the-box iPad that you bought, or a repackaged/refurbished arrangement?

I bought my iPad 1 new last year at an Apple store and it came with the wall transformer -and- the cable with the USB connector on one side and the iPad connector on the other. The transformer and cable were white and the transformer had the matching USB plug. You should contact Best Buy and tell them you want the proper one...

Most reactions

Latest posts