What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Compressing Music using iTunes Summary without syncing

suomi48

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got my mini a week ago. Loaded lots of music on it, but want to load more. Found a way that involves using iTunes summary. The problem is I have already synced my music with iTunes and my mini. Now, how do I access the iTunes summary? Also, is there a way to rename a music file using the Song tab in Music on the mini?

Thanks for any help anyone can give.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Connect your iPad back to the computer you synced with. It should show up in iTunes on the computer. Select it, make the desired changes on the Summary tab, and any other tab desired. Sync again. All changes will be applied, including the new compression setting.

If you have a lot of music, the sync may take a while, since it will have to replace every song on the iPad with the new smaller files.

There is no way to change the name of synced music on the iPad Mini itself. However, you can right click on the song in iTunes on the computer, choose Get Info, and change almost any data you like, including the name. The changes will be sent to the iPad the next time you sync.

Most reactions