What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complaints on ios6

andyj1225

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Learnt a lesson from upgrade from 5 to 6. Must be very careful to click upgrade in the future. YouTube app gone, Google map gone. The new map is really suck.

Bluray

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to iPF Andy. Millions around the world have complained about iOS 6 after updating. I'm pretty sure Apple got the message by now and are working on the necessary fix to please everyone. As for the YouTube app, you can download the iPhone version from the AppStore as Google are currently working on the iPad version.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sure we won't have long to wait until an improved iOS 6.1 is released.

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't tried the maps app yet but I'm sure it won't be long at all before they fix that (and other bugs).

MikeV99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The App Store is too verbose when searching. I want the option to view small thumbnails again. Trying to scan through several apps looking for what is needed has been made too cluttered for me.

Sent from my iPad 3 using iPF

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
To be honest, I do not have complaints on IOS6.

True, it always takes time to get used to new things, but being open-minded forbtrying out new stuff, finding improvements instead of looking for the worse things...
Everyone who upgraded knew that there were things which might not please everybody, so stop complaining! You who complain should have waited for the critics to pop up before updating!

When you bought your first iPhone/iPad you also had to get used to it...

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

susanlackey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess it all depends on your perspective and what you use your iPad for. My iPad is wifi only. I never once have even opened the maps app. I use my phone for that. I am also not a huge user of YouTube. I watch the occasional videos, but it is certainly not a deal breaker for me. And I understand their contract with Google being up, that is just business. To me, the updates I did get were 100% worth it. Especially Siri. My life is on my iPad. It is awesome to be able to just ask Siri to add a reminder, an appointment, send a text, etc. without my having to type all of that in. And thus far, she has yet to not understand a single one of my requests.

TWR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not a fan, so far, of the separation of podcasts from the music App. I had a playlist of podcasts, which I loved using while on the go. So far, I can see no way of creating a playlist of podcasts in IOS6. Does anyone have a solution, please?

I agree that the large icons in the App store are cumbersome, especially on 3Gs ( yes, I know this is the iPad forum, but I decided to try the change on 3Gs and will only update on iPad 2 if I end up liking the "improvements". Originally, I planned to use my iPad 1 as the guinea pig, only to find IOS6 is not for the original iPad. I originally wasn't happy about that, since it seems too soon to drop support - heck it still has Apple care until end March 2013 - but maybe it is a good thing after all. Anyway, back to the App Store. Is there a way to change to small icons?

TWR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found a work around for podcasts losing their playlist function. Delete the podcast App and restart your device. Podcasts are back in the music App and they once more work in playlists.

Now, is there a way to go back to thumb nail icons in the App store. Back to looking for solutions ....,

TWR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TWR said:
I found a work around for podcasts losing their playlist function. Delete the podcast App and restart your device. Podcasts are back in the music App and they once more work in playlists.

Now, is there a way to go back to thumb nail icons in the App store. Back to looking for solutions ....,

Edit: podcast solution doesn't fully work - as you can't download new episodes from your device without using the podcast app, but if you have the podcast app you can't have playlists. Seems you have to make a choice. Looks like I'm still searching for a proper solution. Any tips appreciated.

lil m

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would have been great if it hadn't lost a bunch of my photos during the upgrade'!!!!

dianekoupepidou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there anyway of going back to the old version? My email wont work now that I have upgraded and this is the main reason I have an ipad. I even tried deleting the mail account and setting up again but it just says mail server not responding. Have been working for hours trying to resolve it.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
susanlackey said:
I guess it all depends on your perspective and what you use your iPad for. My iPad is wifi only. I never once have even opened the maps app. I use my phone for that. I am also not a huge user of YouTube. I watch the occasional videos, but it is certainly not a deal breaker for me. And I understand their contract with Google being up, that is just business. To me, the updates I did get were 100% worth it. Especially Siri. My life is on my iPad. It is awesome to be able to just ask Siri to add a reminder, an appointment, send a text, etc. without my having to type all of that in. And thus far, she has yet to not understand a single one of my requests.

I agree. Everyone has different uses and expectations. I'm also a wifi only user so maps are irrelevant to me. Got a nice GPS for that. I'm a little more torked about the YouTube thing but google will release the iPad app soon enough so no worries there. I can understand why some people miss certain apps and stuff. Apple knows what to do though, they'll tweak things here and there as feedback comes in. By the end of the month there may even be an OS6.1 :)

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a heavy map user, and have not seen issues with the map program. But then again, a dedicated map user should not rely on just one program. No map program, especially Google maps, is without flaws.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
dianekoupepidou said:
Is there anyway of going back to the old version? My email wont work now that I have upgraded and this is the main reason I have an ipad. I even tried deleting the mail account and setting up again but it just says mail server not responding. Have been working for hours trying to resolve it.

I’m sorry, but the signing window for iOS 5.1.1 closed yesterday. There is currently no way of downgrading back to iOS 5.1.1.

Most reactions

Latest posts