What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Compatability question

Mr.Wolfskill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay, now for my next question. . .

I have a 2010 Macbook white unibody running Yosemite, a Ipad mini 16gig with the latest update, and a Samsung S4 Active.

Is there any way to make the calenders talk (sync) with each other ? When I am at the Doctors office andmake my follow up, or at the kids school and enter their next concert / meeting or what ever, I usually have my phone and set up the apointment and reminder on it. I would like to have the apointment on my Ical on my mini also.

Is this possable or am I dreaming and forced to , if I remember, manually enter it on to my mini when I get home ?

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use the gmail calendar. Whatever I put on the calendar from my Android phone or pc syncs to the stock calendar of my iPad mini 2.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Agreed. It is possible to use other calendar services with all your devices, but the Google calendar will the easiest to set up.

OP
Mr.Wolfskill

Mr.Wolfskill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am not familiar with the google calendar , so I will have to look into it. is that the calendar that comes on my phone or is it a different one ?

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't know who your service provider is, but my AT&T GS4 came with a calendar app. Regardless, if you go to the Google Play store, there are a ton of calendar apps. My personal fav is the Today Calendar.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.underwood.calendar_beta

Here's a link to calendars on the Play store:
https://play.google.com/store/search?q=calendar&c=apps&hl=en

You should be able to set any of them up to link to the Google Calendar. And do the same with your calendar app on your iPad.

I assume you have a Gmail account? If so, just sign in and go to the calendar... which can be found in the grid of Google apps near the top right corner... looks like a 3x3 matrix. ;)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am not familiar with the google calendar , so I will have to look into it. is that the calendar that comes on my phone or is it a different one ?
You don't need an extra app to use a Google (Gmail) calendar. All you have to do, is set up the Gmail account in Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and enable Calendar.
You can view the events on the built in Calendar app on your iPad.

Gmail will sync with your S4 without problems.

I suppose there'll be an option to add the Gmail calendar on your Macbook as well.

Most reactions

Latest posts