What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Close tab X icon missing?

Ian B

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have lost the close tab icon when on single tab. Was never there or something wrong. I have the latest update. It does show when I have multiple tabs open. Below is a pix.

Ian B

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 494

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
To close a single tab, tap the sheets icon below the battery, then slide the website to the left to close it.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When there is only one open tab there is no close tab icon. That only appears if you have two or more open tabs. Here's a screenshot from my iPad with only one open tab. There's no tab bar with an X to close the tab.
image.jpg

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In addition to tapping the sheets icon as J.A. suggests, you can pinch the Safari screen/page with two fingers. That will reduce the page to small card view and then a swipe to the left allows you to close the page.

Marilyn

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes J.A. To elucidate in case original poster does not follow your post. The method is :-

Tap far right top icon that looks like 2 squares on top of each othe. This will reduce all tabs (even if there is only one open) to smaller images, each having a close X top left, or you can swipe them off the screen. Either will close the tab(s).

Personally I find this the easiest.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

emandino

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In addition to tapping the sheets icon as J.A. suggests, you can pinch the Safari screen/page with two fingers. That will reduce the page to small card view and then a swipe to the left allows you to close the page.

Marilyn
Love the trick Marilyn, thanks!

Most reactions

Latest posts