What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clip on Cam for the iPad?

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
iluv-webcam-ipad.jpg

iLuv may have a solution that will make iPad fans cheer everywhere! While visiting their site looking at future case options I noticed something else listed while doing a search for all Apple iPad items. Two clip-on web cams! iLuv is showing two models the ICM20, a 3MP webcam and the ICM10, a 1.3MP webcam. Some of the features include:

·Universal Laptop clip for easy mount on a laptop·Stand lets you place the webcam on top of a computer monitor or on a desk
·Ideal for video chatting, recording or taking a snap-shot
·VoIP call / chat with high quality built-in microphone via Skype, Google, MSN, Yahoo, etc.
·Supports USB 2.0
·Sliding lens cover to insure privacy and spy prevention
·Automatic white balance for clear exposure
·A selection of special visual effects for fun and creative video chats
·Automatic face tracking for more free movement by the user
·Plug and play for self installation

Don't get too excited,
the product doesn't actually indicate it will be compatible with the iPad. It could just be a mistake and tagged under the wrong category. While having an integrated web cam would be the best, this might at least give you an option!

iBean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It sounds like this add-on camera requires a USB port to plug in to - right? And I understand that the iPad has no USB port. So how's it going to work?

OP
iDan

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Possibly with an adapter similar to the iPad camera Connection Kit. I'm not completely sure how much will be possible through the i/o.

ipad-adapters.jpg

Squeezebox4jazz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
3rdphotonsound.com
I have the camera conversion kit and the Microsoft Live WebCam. I have tried using the USB port on the camera conversion plugin with this webcam.

The error iget is that the wbcam requires more power than the iPad is set io to deliver. Either we change the output for voltage, or we find a webcam with lower peer requirements.

My question about the icm20 - how much power does it need to run on an I-pad - if it runs on lighter power reqs - it could work.

Any comments on this?

Thanks

Squeezebox4jazz

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
there was one a company was suppose to come out with for use with ipad1, but it did not get released when they said it would, and now with the ipad2 they probably wont release it, I wanted one also because I am not getting ipad2.

Most reactions

Latest posts