What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clear Hard Cover Case - Inexpensive

treker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried several cases for my iPad2. Soft Silicone - too pliable and the edges tend to slip off. TPU - nice if you find the right one and it fits tight around the edges...but didn't 'feel' great. Finally, I found this hard crystal clear case for under $4 shipped and USA seller for quick delivery. The feel is good and fit is superb. Clear shows off the beautiful Apple Logo and aluminum back. He also sells a black crystal hard case for the same price. eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

buttrpecan1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also have a hard clear cover on back and love it. Still light and works well with red leather smartcover. Id recommend it too.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a clear snap on back also with a black leather smart cover. They work great together.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A friendly warning given my experience with a similar case:

I dropped my iPad on a corner and got a dent. No biggie, because my iPad still works fine, but I switched to a TPU case for better protection. I think a shell case works OK against scratches and such, but offers no "bounce" protection if dropped. YMMV

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:

I dropped my iPad on a corner and got a dent. No biggie, because my iPad still works fine, but I switched to a TPU case for better protection. I think a shell case works OK against scratches and such, but offers no "bounce" protection if dropped. YMMV

Yes I know you're right, I love it like that though, just hope I don't drop it. Touch wood. I'm glad yours survived the fall

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:

Yes I know you're right, I love it like that though, just hope I don't drop it. Touch wood. I'm glad yours survived the fall

Wish you well with yours. Important to enjoy your iPad your way.

I figure that even a TPU case offers less protection than some beefier cases, but I like a more streamlined iPad for convenience. If I kill either of my iPads (both in TPU), I will just have to replace it.

Most reactions

Latest posts