What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cleaning iPAd screen without a protector overlay.

odonnks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is the best way to clean the screen of a iPad that does not have a screen protector overlay?

My first unit had a protector applied at the time of purchase so I never got the "feel" of using one without a protector.
Now using a new iPad I really like the look and especially the feel of the touch action without a protector but.... What is the best way to clean it so as not to loose the feel of whatever is coating the screen.

It feels slipperier than a overlay and does not fingerprint much.

I don't want to apply something that will take that away.

Thank you !

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What is the best way to clean the screen of a iPad that does not have a screen protector overlay?

My first unit had a protector applied at the time of purchase so I never got the "feel" of using one without a protector.
Now using a new iPad I really like the look and especially the feel of the touch action without a protector but.... What is the best way to clean it so as not to loose the feel of whatever is coating the screen.

It feels slipperier than a overlay and does not fingerprint much.

I don't want to apply something that will take that away.

Thank you !
i use a spectacle cleaner(spray) on my devices,works really well.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apple says nothing other than a soft, lint free cloth. No chemicals whatsoever.

Paul2003

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use furniture polish and a new duster always used the same on my iPhone aswell, never affected either touch screen

hberninger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had good luck with a microfiber cloth. Maybe I'm overly cautious, but I blow on the screen first to blow off anything like a grain of sand that might scratch.
(I named my iPad "Titanic". It is syncing now)

Most reactions

Latest posts