What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cisco VPN not connect

r62861848

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone

I am create a Cisco VPN(IPSEC) connection in ipad. I fill all fields that required. but VPN not connect

field are:
host ip
group account
secret
user name

proxy off

for this credintal i am connect through my pc and successfully connect.

Error comes:
VPN Negotiation with vpn server failed.

can any one help me.

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
Usually, you need your own username and password as well as the group name and password. I am fighting it now myself. I am waiting on my techs to send me the group password.

Again, you need both a personal username/password as well as the group username/password.

devis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Our admin put together a profile that installs in the iPads and iPhones. Nothing that crazy, just a html file he put together with all the settings/passwords and the like. We use it to install our profile which in addition to the VPN and Exchange puts in the settings for our internal wifi network.
It works quite nicely in fact. Once I'm connected to the VPN I can RDP in my work desktop. It works very nice.

OP
R

r62861848

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for reply me.

I have to fill all entry that required with vrf entry there is no spell mistek or nothing wrong information but could not.

I am also tried different idea like :
1. leave a secreate answer
2. group name vrf
3. logon user name vrf
4. logon user password (spell and case)
5. different wi-fi connection with different isp.

I tried VPN PPTP and it is connect success.

When this information I try to connect through my pc then success.

can u look this below link:
Supported VPN Platforms, Cisco ASA 5500 Series [Cisco ASA 5500 Series Adaptive Security Appliances] - Cisco Systems

In this link cisco wrote a ipad not support for IPSEC.

If u know any application for that then tell me ...

If u have any more idea then tell me ...

Update: I got the Group password and can now successfully log into my VPN. And again, that was through Cisco/IPSEC.

Make sure you have the info for all the fields.

Vmatti

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I configured vpn (server IP, account, password "ask every time", group and secret + proxy name and port).
It worked straight away and now I'm able to connect company network.
No problem at all.

OP
R

r62861848

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IPSEC VPN not connect

Hi,

Thanks for reply me

I configure all field like:
server IP, account, password, group, secreat, proxy off

can u tell me which proxy name i use?

I configured vpn (server IP, account, password "ask every time", group and secret + proxy name and port).
It worked straight away and now I'm able to connect company network.
No problem at all.

ppe1700

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Our admin put together a profile that installs in the iPads and iPhones. Nothing that crazy, just a html file he put together with all the settings/passwords and the like. We use it to install our profile which in addition to the VPN and Exchange puts in the settings for our internal wifi network.
It works quite nicely in fact. Once I'm connected to the VPN I can RDP in my work desktop. It works very nice.

Hi do you have a sample of this html profile page? I'm trying to find how I can create a simple profile that can be imported into the iPad. It shows that entering the details manually is somewhat cumbersome and difficult at times.
Thanks!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts