What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chronic Dev Team to prevent cracked apps running on their jailbreak?

tato

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rumors going around that greenposi0n will not allow cracked apps to run properly.

Waiting 30 days plus for this JB and now it might be crippled.
Wonderful. :mad:

edit:

Looks like they have decided against such restrictions:

via twitter:
chronicdevteam
As much as we hate it, we cannot block piracy with the jailbreak. It's possible, but those methods will just be worked around by pirates.

Last edited:

djricekcn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rumors going around that greenposi0n will not allow cracked apps to run properly.

edit:

Looks like they have decided against such restrictions:

via twitter:
chronicdevteam
As much as we hate it, we cannot block piracy with the jailbreak. It's possible, but those methods will just be worked around by pirates.

link doesn't work. i'm lost, are you saying that you can run unsigned codes or not? because part of jailbreaking for me is running unsigned codes, not meaning piracy though. i.e. stuff found on cydia, 3rd party apps that can't go on Apple's store.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Let me see if I understand your logic...

Because you may actually have to pay for apps instead stealing them, you consider this to be "crippled"?

OP
T

tato

iPF Noob
Reaction score
djricekcn said:
link doesn't work. i'm lost,

You can disregard this thread now. They have decided not to block installous which they wanted to do.

musclenerd and others argued against the plan and they won out.

btw, it seems that now progress is either they can not get the exploit working on 100% of the devices or everything is good but they are adding appleTV support now.
Who knows...

Last edited:
OP
T

tato

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Because you may actually have to pay for apps instead stealing them, you consider this to be "crippled"?

No, not saying that at all. This proposal would have enforced a limitation. I was not making a statement on piracy.

djricekcn

iPF Noob
Reaction score

you know, it' snot just about stealing. Running unsigned code is not stealing nor piracy. just, some people use it for piracy people.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score

All pirate (or nearly all) is the same ….

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess it all depends on how you define "cracked". Generally speaking, a cracked piece of software is something that has been "acquired" by some means other than what the owner / author / publisher / developer intended and this usually means not paying for it. I am not a choir boy by any means, but let's call a spade a spade, shall we? I am not your mother, your priest or your lawyer so I personally don't care how you "acquire" your software, but regardless of your intentions, cracked software is theft, pure and simple.

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I guess it all depends on how you define "cracked". Generally speaking, a cracked piece of software is something that has been "acquired" by some means other than what the owner / author / publisher / developer intended and this usually means not paying for it. I am not a choir boy by any means, but let's call a spade a spade, shall we? I am not your mother, your priest or your lawyer so I personally don't care how you "acquire" your software, but regardless of your intentions, cracked software is theft, pure and simple.

Amen to that, brother...

madsquabbles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
don't forget to include music. i'm positive that you'll have a hard time finding someone who hasn't stolen at least one song.

Afide

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't condone piracy, but isn't the point of jailbreaking to have an iDevice free of limitations? Just my 2 cents. If they put a cap on this (or try to, cause its impossible in the long run), what will stop them from trying to cap something else in the future? Anything they feel shouldn't be allowed. I jailbreak my iDevices so I can do anything I want with them.

Most reactions

Latest posts