What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Check spelling / auto correction?

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Hi guys

Can i switch off auto correction but leave on spell checker? Seems not, even though the two are completely separate

I hate the way im typing a long peice of text, only to read over it and find the ipad has automatically substituted the words i intended for its own totally wrong words. Very frustrating. But switch this option off in general settings and the spell checker goes off too. And i really really like this option.

Any way to have 1 and not tuvva?

HedgeHogLuvva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sjleworthy said:
Hi guys

Can i switch off auto correction but leave on spell checker? Seems not, even though the two are completely separate

I hate the way im typing a long peice of text, only to read over it and find the ipad has automatically substituted the words i intended for its own totally wrong words. Very frustrating. But switch this option off in general settings and the spell checker goes off too. And i really really like this option.

Any way to have 1 and not tuvva?

Nope, once you turn auto correction off, check spelling is disabled, wish it wasn't so

Not sure about jailbroken ipads though

Steve, you listening? Make it so :) just on the off chance he see's this post/thread :D

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If the iPad keeps correcting words that you know are correct - perhaps they're technical or business terms - there's a neat workaround suggested by another Member. He noted that the iPad never corrects a name that's in the Contacts list. So his suggestion was - and it works just fine - to enter all those oft-corrected technical and business terms as 'spoof' contacts in the iPad's Contacts app. It works just great....

Tim

Kruthika

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey, my software has Autocorrect (AC) settings separate and Error correction settings (EC) separate. I can switch on AC and switch of EC or vice versa.

U can check its features @ adaptxt.com/adaptxtlive/symbian/features

Most reactions

Latest posts