What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cheater glasses

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
...a.k.a., reading glasses for codgers. Not electronic, but possibly of interest to certain forum members (you know who you are).

Since cataract surgery left me with excellent distance vision but no ability to focus closer, I've needed 2-diopter readers to read anything smaller than the landscape iPad keyboard. I've been using magnetic Clics for years, and have been happy with them as my take-alongs when I go out. Their biggest drawback for me is trying to fit them inside or outside a jacket in cold weather. I just got a possible solution from ThinOPTICS, The Stick Anywhere, Go Everywhere Reading Glasses .

It's a high-tech pince-nez that fits into a thin case the size of a credit card, which easily drops into a pants pocket or sticks to the back of a mobile phone. Not what I'd want to read a book (or a forum), but fine for a restaurant menu or product label. Once I found a good location on my nose, it stays on well enough. Think of it as a handy emergency tool. List price for two readers and the basic case is $20. They also have iPhone and Android cases for a bit more. The reader looks fairly fragile, but we're adults and know how to handle such things. In its case, it's adequately protected from normal activity.

If you decide to try it, you can use this link to get a discount and free shipping (dunno about outside the U.S.):

ThinOPTICS, The Stick Anywhere, Go Everywhere Reading Glasses

OP
LannyC

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Um...are the members who liked my post trying to tell us something about themselves? ;)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Not really. At least not yet. While I've got some minor presbyopia, it's not to the point where reading glasses are necessary. I can still manage by just taking off my normal glasses. For book and iPad reading anyway.

Most reactions

Latest posts