What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charging problems.

jbcn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No I don't reset every time I charge. The IPAD charges to 100% when plugged in to the USB most of the time. Without warning, it will on occasion charge part way during the night and hang up at about 24%. When that happens, perhaps 2-3 times per month, I have two choices. Plug it into the AC charger and fully charge it, or reset IPAD and restart the IMAC. Then I can plug it in to the USB and it will charge fully until the next time the USB fails to charge it. I prefer to charge it with the USB because it is easier to charge at bed time and it keep the APPS, images etc--up to date and re-synched for the next day's mobility needs.

mslammers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
One thlng to remember is the charging current from the desktop USB may be very low. Also, it is low voltage. Hence any dust or dirt on the connections could stop or seriously slow the current flow. Try cleaning with a bit of alcohol [cord and charger only and not connected of course. Let dry and try again. Make sure you are using alcohol with no additives. I use the charger attachment as a normal situation. Also, various computers may operate differently.
Good luck.

Rockbottom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It is 10 watts, 5 volts x 2 amps (output). I think the USB port of most laptops is limited to 0.5 amps x 5 volts = 2.5 watts.

Sent from my iPad2 3G 32 gig (not JB'ed) / using iPF

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts