What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charging my ipad with my pc

clarman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to charge my ipad with my desktop pc thru the usb cable but it says no charge...I am using a new sony touchscreen ...does anyone make a usb cable that will increase voltage or whatever so that the ipad will charge on a pc like it will on a mac?

lifevicarious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its your computer, not the cable. The USB port on your computer doesn't supply enough power. Most computers don't, I know the new iMacs do however, mine works perfectly.

OP
C

clarman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As I said in my original post I am aware of the fact that macs will charge the ipad ...I had heard that someone was coming out with a solution to be able to charge ipads on pcs...

jimt29

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would be interested in where you heard that.

I've been trying to find a solution and have had no success.

zman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A usb Y-cable adapter should increase the power going into your iPad. It's still not as good as a wall charger but it will charge it.....in a much slower pace.

31qkUw6TNNL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Jaybee1200

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have noticed with an old iphone car charger that I have, it says "not charging" but it actually is if you just leave it there for a while and come back and check the %

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have noticed with an old iphone car charger that I have, it says "not charging" but it actually is if you just leave it there for a while and come back and check the %

Good point that is true for most chargers and USB ports. I think what most people don't understand is that the "Not Charging" message comes because the USB port doesn't have enough power to power the iPad AND charge simultaneously. If the iPad is sleeping, it does charge.

Toon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
Www.devilwear.co.uk
Thanks for your advice guys. I just got a car charger and it said it wasn't charging. I was hoping to be able to use it so the kids could watch DVDs in the car. Hopefully it should still work to some extent.

James Goddard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your advice guys. I just got a car charger and it said it wasn't charging. I was hoping to be able to use it so the kids could watch DVDs in the car. Hopefully it should still work to some extent.

Man after 10 hours of video, you and your kids will both be ready to get out of the car!

jenna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I connected my Ipad to my work PC yesterday. Got the 'not charging' message, however when I connected my ipad was at 28%, when I disconected it was on 85%. The Ipad had been conencted for the better part of a workday. SO it appears that it will charge, just very slowly.

Most reactions

Latest posts