What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charging iPad in Other Countries

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its my understanding that when charging the iPad or iPhone in other countries all I need is the electrical plug adapter for that country,is this correct.

Al

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its my understanding that when charging the iPad or iPhone in other countries all I need is the electrical plug adapter for that country,is this correct.

Al

That's correct - though you should use the dedicated charger for the iPad to charge that because it supplies 2A. The iPad charger is fine for the iPhone too, but not the other way around because the iPhone charger cannot supply 2A. If you were to use the iPhone charger to charge the iPad it would take considerably longer than normal.

The voltage is not an issue - as you suggested all you need is a power outlet adaptor.

Tim

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is the US wall charger capable of working safely with the higher voltage in other parts of the world?

Absolutely - it's a switched-mode power supply and can operate between 110-250 volts AC at either 50 or 60 Hz. Although it can supply about 2A, that is its maximum current - that doesn't imply that devices that require less than this will be 'force fed' - they will simply take whatever current they require up to this maximum.

Tim

OP
A

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Al

That's correct - though you should use the dedicated charger for the iPad to charge that because it supplies 2A. The iPad charger is fine for the iPhone too, but not the other way around because the iPhone charger cannot supply 2A. If you were to use the iPhone charger to charge the iPad it would take considerably longer than normal.

The voltage is not an issue - as you suggested all you need is a power outlet adaptor.

Tim

Thank you Tim for your reply.
Al

Most reactions

Latest posts