What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

charging an ipad on an airplane

cecile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How can one charge on ipad and an iphone on an airplane? Is there a special charger one should buy?

celsius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How can one charge on ipad and an iphone on an airplane? Is there a special charger one should buy?
I do not know what is offered on an airplane.
Different airline and different classes of cabin have different facilities.

Actually any 5v ( or a little over 5v up tp 5.5v) source with USB output is OK, so you can use the USB cable to charge.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You just need to have your iPad/iPod adapter. The type of pin/socket will depend on the airline you fly, which you should be able to find out through the airline's website. Also, depending on the airliner's configuration, normally all the seats in first and business should have an outlet, but not all seats in economy may have an outlet.

(This is my iPad charging on Singapore Airlines business class. The seat next to mine was vacant.)

Attachments

• Charging.jpg
    Charging.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 3,961
Last edited:

pastorsteve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One won't charge their accessories on a plane. One should charge them before they leave on the trip. Luckily the iPad and iPhone batteries will be fine when you get to your destination.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One won't charge their accessories on a plane. One should charge them before they leave on the trip. Luckily the iPad and iPhone batteries will be fine when you get to your destination.

Yes - but when you are flying long distance, which if you include waiting and transit times can be twenty hours or more, having the werewithal to charge the device is definitely useful.

MacMur

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had good luck with a Zagg Sparq external battery. It is a little larger than a deck of cards and will fully charge an IPad once. That should give you between 18 and 20 hours of use.

Most reactions