What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chargers

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can I use my iPad charger to also charge my iPhone?

Absolutely - there's no problem...the iPad charger has a higher charging (current) capacity, but there's no problem with the iPhone. Each Apple iDevice has an 'intelligent' charging controller built in, so there's no problem.

Tim
Scotland

iPadOhana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I must have a defective or super old charger because it will sync with my iPad but not charge it. I will admit it's from the older ghetto huge iPod though and most have more current versions and chargers. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pluto6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I must have a defective or super old charger because it will sync with my iPad but not charge it. I will admit it's from the older ghetto huge iPod though and most have more current versions and chargers. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The old iPod chargers will not charge your iPad, or your iPhone for that matter. The new iPhone chargers will charge your iPad, but very, very, slowly.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPadOhana said:

I have a very old iPod charger which uses a FireWire, that doesn't work for the iPad, either. But all my other Apple chargers are useable.

OP
A

Applephile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
using iPad charger for iPhone

Thank you Tim for very helpful reply.

Most reactions

Latest posts