What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cases that work with Smart Cover?

Libbylee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I finally decided to give in to my addiction and buy an iPad 2 despite the fact that I have an original iPad ( but have to wait a month or so to receive it). I also bought the Smart Cover but want to buy a back for protection as well as a nice sleeve to carry it in. Any suggestions for backs and sleeves that will work with The Smart Cover?

Thanks so much!

yvrgal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last edited:

Cadena96

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered Bodyguardz skin full coverage. It's compatible with the Smart Cover.

BodyGuardz for Apple iPad 2 Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Films | Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Films

For the sleeve, I ordered Waterfield Design's Slip Case with Ipad 2 size. They have very durable products. Check it out. I like the other designs but I can't stand the sound of velcro.

SFBags - WaterField Designs - iPad Slip Case - iPad Case - iPad Sleeve, Tablet Case - Tablet Case - TSA Checkpoint Friendly

Good luck.

those aren't too bad they're just cheap....I dunno..I want something nicer...I saw one you can customize orientation and bag strap...pretty cool, but it's closer to 120 for the best strap and all of it...

lokiju

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nickso said:
How about this, I think I am going to order....
MicroShell iPad 2 case

I actually had that in my cart ready order and then decided to look at their folio microshell a little closer. It doesn't make it perfectly clear on their site but other sites do that the flap screen cover works the same as a smart cover with the magnets and stand function. When you add up the cost of the back only microshell cover and an apple non-leather smart cover, it cost the same. So here in wait now for a few weeks waiting formthis case to ship :(

In the mean time I'll keep my smart cover on and I ordered a tpu case for less than $8 shipped from here http://www.handhelditems.com/ipad-flexi-skin-case-smoke-p-157155.html

There's a thread about it over at macrumors where people are getting them already. One complaint people are having is it doesn't have a hole cut out for the mic but people are just marking the spot and cutting one out without any issues. For the price, it'll do until I get my marware folio microshell case.

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any 10" Netbook sleeve will hold it easily. I'm using a 10.2" one made by Tuari that I bought at Target for $12.99.

I'm not anal about scratches on the back (don't plan on selling it in a year or anything), and I'm careful with my stuff anyway, so I'm not bothering with a skin or case. Just the smartcover and the sleeve for when it's going in my bag etc.

AJsAWiz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dmaul1114 said:
Any 10" Netbook sleeve will hold it easily. I'm using a 10.2" one made by Tuari that I bought at Target for $12.99.

I'm not anal about scratches on the back (don't plan on selling it in a year or anything), and I'm careful with my stuff anyway, so I'm not bothering with a skin or case. Just the smartcover and the sleeve for when it's going in my bag etc.

My sentiments exactly. Smart cover and sleeve for transport works for me too.

totemynote

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nickso said:
I ordered the Mareware Microshell case.
It ships on 4/5/2011

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

I tried to order it this morning but it won't even let me pre-order. Says it's out of stock. I should of ordered it the day I saw it posted here. It looks like it will be perfect with the smart cover, like not add much weight and bulk even with the two on it at once.

Most reactions

Latest posts