What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cases for the mini 2 w/retina display

2wg68!!9namvet1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good morning all. Newbee here. Had my mini 2 for two days and I love it and have a few questions. I notice that it gets warm when it is on for a while. My daughter has an I pad with a magnetic thing that is just a cover to protect the screen. Are these better that the cases that you can get. With it getting warm, one would think the cover would be better to make it cooler. suggestions. Mine has the retina display. when ordering or looking for accessories for it, does it need to say "with retina display" or can I just order accessories that say mini 2.

Thanks for any suggestions.

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello 2wg.
I have had both the mini and mini 2 and they appear to be identical in size. Both had an Otter Box and I like the Otter Box because it adds thickness to the iPad.
The iPad just seems to fragile and thin too me. Not all would agree.
The iPad might warm up a bit if used for long periods of time, but I tend to use it more frequently for short periods of time rather than a long period of time.
I have also had the iPad 2 wich was a good tab. But I just prefer the mini. As for accessories, I haven't ordered anything but would suggest when ordering you would include ( iPad mini 2 with Retina display )

OP

2wg68!!9namvet1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did look at the otter box ones. A little pricey but I want something that will protect it. So many of them to chose from. I want something that the wife's hand will fit and feel a little more texture than just the mini. We are both old folks so the hands don't work as good as they did 30 years ago. Roger on the ordering comment about the retina display.

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Good luck
And thank you for your service, I mean that!

OP

2wg68!!9namvet1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Decided on this one.

KHOMO iPad Mini / Mini 2 Retina / Mini 3 Case - DUAL Blue Super Slim Cover with Rubberized back and Smart Feature (Built-in magnet for sleep

Thomas1977

iPF Novice
Reaction score
HPIM0719.JPG
HPIM0720.JPG
Here is my iPAD mini 2 in its griffin case. just though you would like to see it for an example of a decent case.

Most reactions

Latest posts