What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Case with charging dock

Phine00Del

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking for a charging dock that I can use with a durable case. I have an iPad and one of the things I've noticed is that it's not very easy to plug in the charging cable. I can do it but I'm planning on buying an iPad 2 for my grandmother who's in her 80's and had arthritis and I think she's going to have a hard time plugging in the charging cable. I know Apple makes a dock but I feel like she's going to need a durable case of some sort because I think the iPad may be dropped once or twice, especially since the iPad is so slim. She'll be able to grip it much better if I buy her a case with some sort of rubber.

Does anybody have any suggestions? I'm open to different types of cases. I looked at the otterbox case because I know for some of their iphone cases they have docks you can buy that will fit their cases but they don't offer that with the iPad 2 case they make.

Thanks!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is definitely a problem because I have the Apple case and, for sure, the iPad does not fit into the charging dock with the case on. As you rightly say, too, the plug is rather delicate and could be difficult to fit - especially for someone with arthritis. I'm hoping someone comes up with some suggestions of other cases or charging docks.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts