What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Case or no case?

case or no case

• Case

Votes: 341 85.0%
  • Bare naked

Votes: 33 8.2%
  • Screen protector and/or invisible skin

Votes: 27 6.7%

• Total voters

IpadOwner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine's got a rubbery case to protect the back. I'd never trust using a Apple product without using a case:p

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Switcheasy Nude UltraClear for me, plus the package comes with an antistatic screen guard as well as headphone jack and 30-pin plug protectors.

EpiciPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the Marware Eco Flip case 5 days ago and it made the iPad even sexier:D. I'm thinking of getting Invisible shield screen protector as well.:)

I have the Marware Eco Vue. After using my case for a while it got to the point where the strap behind the iPad failed and my iPad would slide out. I'm forced to put Velcro on the strap and on the inside of the case so the iPad won't slide out. Does yours slide out?

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Naked at home. Case at work or travel

Thats the way i am now. i am starting to not like the case on it but i would rather have a case than risk something happening to my "baby" :p

Exactly! I'm moving to Seattle soon and I'm sure it's iPad galore out there so I'm going to look for a great case to keep on 24/7. I'm going to try the leather back by zaggs first because the main issue is how slippery the back is :(

Hudmaster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've collected a few noticeable scratches on my screen, but nothing more than a few millimeters long. I need to get myself a screen protector and a case, but I love the feel of the aluminum back of the iPad when I'm checking my email...

CMFox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You need another category...

I have the Apple case (and I think I am the only one who has one who actually likes it!) AND a Zagg shield on the front.

Make that 2.

I have & love the Apple case. It is much abused by me but it still looks great and has protected my iPad wonderfully.

CM

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was about to buy a dodocase. But saw the YouTube videos of it falling out!!

I'm really torn because it's exactly what I was looking for, but it doesn't look so secure for some folks..

MaggieB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
appsforipads.net
I Jacobs the Apple case too and also like it... I like the grippy texture so I can really get a handle on it. I have a Speck anti-glare on the face... Sure cut down on not only glare but all those annoying fingerprints!

You need another category...

I have the Apple case (and I think I am the only one who has one who actually likes it!) AND a Zagg shield on the front.

Mike_73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like the DODO-case a lot, but it's hard to get here. So I made this one:
DIY Book-like iPad Case (Dodo / Moleskin style)

After that, I still found the iPads design so compelling that I didn't want to hide but still protect it. That's why I finally went with a silicone case for the back, and for stowing the thing while not in use (for all the dust on the screen and my little one not being overly careful when she places stuff on the living room table), I made this wooden case:
DIY Wooden iPad case

Now that I'm thinking about getting a real keyboard and a stand, too, I'm thinking about making a new wooden case so I can keep all those parts together in one place.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was about to buy a dodocase. But saw the YouTube videos of it falling out!!

I'm really torn because it's exactly what I was looking for, but it doesn't look so secure for some folks..

The DodoCase is nice, but it has a number of known durability issues (and it's only been 6 months) and commands a premium price because of its name. On the other hand, I've put in an order with Treegloo to give them a try instead.

ziffos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Case - Yoobao Mk2 in tan leather - fantastic.
+
Screen protector

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts