What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Case for Ipad leaving lines on screen?

EcokidsUK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.eco-kids.org.uk
Hello guys, Im new here so apologies if there has already been a thread like this one but I wondered if you could help?

I bought a case for my Ipad 2 - its on ebay but it wont let me post a link? but its item number 280729499700

and the problem is - I can see little lines going down the screen - not marks - they actually look like they are in the screen - if you see what I mean? As I cant wipe them off?

I am worried its something to do with the magnetic strips in the cover?

Any ideas?

Thanks

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's possible. I know the official SmartCovers have been known to do that. I've had mine since 8/23 and I wipe my screen diligently and do not have any lines. I think the lines can form due to the magnetic strips and maybe opening and closing it excessively. I'm not sure there is much of a fix for the lines if they're already there, but look around the forum and see.

debsylvania

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just want to verify with the OP, are you saying these are lines that you cannot wipe off? Is this an Apple Smartcover? (I can't find your case with the numbers you provided.) If this is a Smartcover, there is a thread somewhere with photos, etc., about the cover hinge shedding metal dust. However, IIRC, the marks were dust that could be wiped away. Obviously, if your case or cover is causing damage, stop using it. There are many options out there for good protective cases. There's a huge thread discussing this subject. Just do a search.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well welcome to the forum @ OP - :)

This topic as already mentioned has been covered in other threads - from your eBay reference number, I did a 'screen capture' which is attached - assume this is the 'Smart Cover' that you purchased - please confirm.

I (and many others) own an Apple 'Smart Cover' and the 'lines' that you mentioned are a 'side effect' of this product - the lines form on the iPad screen where the flexible parts are connected, i.e. there is space that will allow presumably dust to accumulate - this is easily removed when needed; again, there are posts/threads on cleaning the iPad screen - I usually just lightly dampened a CD microfiber cleaning cloth but other 'safe' options exit.

Bottom line - not to worry! Enjoy your iPad!

SmartCover.JPG

Most reactions

Latest posts