What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cardboard arcade machines are doublemild weaksauce...

Linkreincarnate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.linkreincarnate.com
DIY iPad Arcade...98% Complete

Though I have to give props to the guy who made the first one, (He was definitely fast...) I prefer something with a little more...durability. Basically if my cat can accidentally destroy it, it ain't gonna fly... Thus I give you the humble beginnings of my iPad arcade. http://www.linkreincarnate.com/2010/06/ipad-arcade.html.

***Major Update***
So I finished everything I am going to do to this case (except for having a skilled artist paint it).
I also added a VERY cool last minute feature.

Link to the videos!
http://www.linkreincarnate.com/2010/07/ultimate-diy-ipad-arcade.html

The full feature list of the Ultimate iPad Arcade is now as follows.
Full Wii compatibility.
AVI out.
Built in Speakers.
High quality tournament level fightstick.
Built in projector.
Landscape and portrait modes now supported (requires case).
Turbo!
Hinged top for easy access.
Quick release for fast stick replacement.
Spacious interior (you could fit a whole Wii in there...*snicker*)
Charges iPad.
Looks sweet.

Okay so maybe that last part isn't a feature so much as an opinion but damnit I'm gonna list it!

***Minor Update***

http://bit.ly/btYbAG

Video of the controls in action!

Last edited:
OP
Linkreincarnate

Linkreincarnate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.linkreincarnate.com
New Pics

I put some more pics up for anyone who is interested...
Linkreincarnate: iPad Arcade Construction 98% Complete

I just need to wire things up and maybe secure those speakers somehow. I'll post a video after I finish it up. I'm mulling over throwing a projector into the bottom facing out from the back. One of those on a coffee table facing a blank wall would be kinda epic...

keroro1979

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would buy one of these in a flash. Even a friend at work, who has no interest in the iPad, would buy one if he could turn it into a mini arcade :)

OP
Linkreincarnate

Linkreincarnate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.linkreincarnate.com
YAY Classic controller support CONFIRMED

Zottd the guy who makes the nes for iphone and snes for iphone emulators has announced that he is adding Classic controller support in the next update!!! This means that I'm done with wiring controllers after all. (I kinda destroyed a few wii remotes in the process. (oh well my wii broke down anyway, not like I'll miss them too much) I'll paint that sucker up and when he releases the next update I'll post my video of the machine in action. Also a tutorial on how to build one yourself...If you take out some features it can be really cheap...

keroro1979

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zottd the guy who makes the nes for iphone and snes for iphone emulators has announced that he is adding Classic controller support in the next update!!! This means that I'm done with wiring controllers after all. (I kinda destroyed a few wii remotes in the process. (oh well my wii broke down anyway, not like I'll miss them too much) I'll paint that sucker up and when he releases the next update I'll post my video of the machine in action. Also a tutorial on how to build one yourself...If you take out some features it can be really cheap...

Is the Wii fightstick wireless?

OP
Linkreincarnate

Linkreincarnate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.linkreincarnate.com
It is basically a giant classic controller. It hooks up to the expansion port on the bottom of the Wii remote and is treated like a classic controller. That way I only fry a Wii remote if I screw it up, and not my iPad instead...

keroro1979

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow. Excellent. Wish I was even remotelycapable of such a feat.

I think I would skip the projector, but other than that, it's pretty much perfect. The thought of playing Zelda lttp, super Mario world, street fighter 2 etc on at......

Most reactions

Latest posts