What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Powis iCase - Check it out!

ejaylees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just received a new iPad case for review. It is the Powis iCase which over here in Australia is only available from the Powis website. I was very impressed that my iCase arrived in 100% full recyclable cardboard packaging that backs up Powis claims to be environmentally friendly with the leather in their cases being made from recycled cow hide fibres.

The packaging was very well put together with very little chance of the case being damaged in transit. In the package were instructions on how to install your iPad in the case as well as a Powis business card to show off the business card holder that is built into the iCase cover.

The case I received was Dark Brown leather which I really like. The iCase feels solid and well made and for a case that has a stand built into the cover is really light. With the iPad installed into the iCase it feels really well protected and also disguises the iPad and makes it look like you are only carrying an diary or organiser.

The iPad is extremely easy to install and to take out of the iCase. The instructions were fairly very straight forward and once installed it holds the iPad securely. I tried to shake the iPad loose whilst holding the case upside down over my bed but this sucker was not moving at all.

Once in the case the iPad sort of floats above the surface as it sits on a raised ledge which enables the micro fibre cloth and holder to sit underneath. I really like the micro fibre cloth holder however if I could be really picky the only criticism I have is that instead of the holder operating on a hinge it just sits in two grooves and it is quite easy to pull the whole thing out. When I did this I found it a bit difficult to get back in. This is only a small criticism and could be improved but this holder is a feature that is not available in any other case that I know of so I do not want to criticise their innovativeness.

The cut outs for the controls are cut perfectly, and all controls can be easily accessed when case is opened or closed. There are rubber edges on the case that come into play when it is standing up and this too is a great innovation to protect the sides of the case from the wear and tear of using it as a stand.

Powis claims on its website that there are 9 positions that the case can be used in. I tried them all and they all work. However once again if I was to be picky I would say that the portrait options are not really that stable and I would not want to use them very often. The plastic stand built into the back of the case is solid and works well with in all positions. It adds some real stability and gives this case real flexibility.

In conclusion Powis has set out to create an iPad case that improves on all the shortcomings of other cases on the market and can I say it does a great job. It jams a lot of features into one case. What they have ended up with is one of the best iPad cases on the market and whilst there is room for improvement there is not much of it. I love this case and will be coming back for more!

To check is out go to the Powis iCase website [I can't post link as I do not have enough posts yet!!! :)]

Attachments

• SANY0031.JPG
    SANY0031.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 340
  • SANY0028.JPG
    SANY0028.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 287
  • SANY0029.JPG
    SANY0029.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 297
  • SANY0033.JPG
    SANY0033.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 304
  • SANY0041.JPG
    SANY0041.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 338
OP
ejaylees

ejaylees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your kind words. I have been an avid reader of these forums since getting my iPad for Christmas and felt it was time to get involved!

Most reactions