What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carbon Fiber iPad 2 case special Price

OP
M

Mach3Composites

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 2 100% Carbon Fiber Cover. Special Preorder price $59.97

nfU2K.jpg

xxcysxx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm very interested in your case. I have heard that carbon fiber is not transparent to radio frequency. Is using this case degrade radio reception by any amount? I use wifi only.

How does the case attaches to the iPad? Does it snap into place like the original design?

If it isn't too much trouble can you please provide some close up pictures of the corner of the case and with the iPad in it?

Thanks

xxcysxx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The ikit case is not even in the the same league as the mach 3 composite case. The iKit is actually a plastic/rubber case that has a carbon fiber accent plastic backing. Although they are both back cover case but the material made is differently, therefore, they can't be compare equally.
The genuine carbon weave and careful fabrication process is an art in itself.
The price is actually very reasonable if you understand the fabrication process involve to craft one of these case and the cost of carbon fiber.
I'd say thumbs up to Mach 3 composite for this fine contribution.:)

OP
M

Mach3Composites

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is a regular ipad case picture not the 2. But our ipad 2 cover fits the same way, snaps in place and covers the sides with cut outs specific to the 2, including the rear camera. It is a complete custom fit built from the specs.

t3P4R.jpg

OP
M

Mach3Composites

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm very interested in your case. I have heard that carbon fiber is not transparent to radio frequency. Is using this case degrade radio reception by any amount? I use wifi only.

How does the case attaches to the iPad? Does it snap into place like the original design?

If it isn't too much trouble can you please provide some close up pictures of the corner of the case and with the iPad in it?

Thanks

It has no effect on the signal.

The case snaps on just like the other models.

We will have some pictures soon. Hope this helps.

Black9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Case looks stunning, so will it still be usable with the Apple smart cover
Also what's on the inside of the casing and would it cause any marks to the rear iPad casing when fitted?

Also u mention a Breifcase style CF case! Where can this be purchased?

OP
M

Mach3Composites

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Case looks stunning, so will it still be usable with the Apple smart cover
Also what's on the inside of the casing and would it cause any marks to the rear iPad casing when fitted?

Also u mention a Breifcase style CF case! Where can this be purchased?

Thanks. This cover is not compatible with the smart cover. At first we thought we could add some additional cuts for the smart hinge but after doing so we did some testing and discovered it would effect the covers performance. So we quickly pulled it off the website. The correct for it to be made is with its own unique mold. We do plan to offer the smart cover version again but I do not have the exact time line yet. I am also attaching a couple of pictures showing the fit. Excuse the not so good pictures they are for demonstration purposes only.
E8jri.jpg

mbt9A.jpg

Last edited:
OP
M

Mach3Composites

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also u mention a Breifcase style CF case! Where can this be purchased?[/QUOTE]

On our website. We are getting ready to launch a new line of successor cases. These will have a complete new look using a new line of carbon fiber unlike anything out there. You can sign up for our news letter on our website(we will not spam) and get the announcement our check back with us.

Cheers,
Kevin

Most reactions

Latest posts