What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't upgrade 4.2 - 4.3

tebailey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys - Help!

I downloaded 4.2 GM early from a site online. All has worked fine since doing this other that now I cannot upgrade to 4.3 it simply says that 4.2 is the latest version....

Any ideas how I can force the update? If I try a restore it fails to get the software "the requested resource was not found"

Any ideas

Last edited:

ctsluder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would say you might have to plug it in and put it in DFU mode and the try to restore.

DFU= plug and hold the start button and the home key until it shuts off and then you in DFU mode.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The dang thing stalled on me but there's no way to know that so I let it go through the night to find it still at the same spot. I shut everything down and restarted both the computer and the iPad and it took 20 minutes to complete.
Pfew!

8nobody8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Omg I have been trying to download for like 27 minutes through iTunes. Did it take that long for everyone else? (my Internet is the fastest you can get in Australia which I know is still slower than a third world country but hey! So I don't think its the connection)

M

moparherb

When I first started to download the new OS ITunes told me it was going to take three hours. But luckily it only took about one hour. Also after installation it did a back up and it looks like it had to re- install all of my pictures. That took awhile also. Total time consumed on this upgrade about one and a half hours. Kind of crazy in this day and age. But the update works good. I do not seem to see a noticeable difference in the speed of Safari, but maybe I haven't given it enough time yet.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's what I hate about iTunes, it takes so dang on long to back up if you have a bunch of new stuff on iPad since the last time backed up. I'll wait for untethered jailbreak 1st b4 updating. Sounding like this update isn't liven up to the hype though. Nothing impressive I'm reading about, so far ;-)

OP
T

tebailey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All sorted - DFU Reset + re download firmware....

Thanks for all the help - APPRECIATED!

Home Sharing is what I have been waiting for!

Tom

Most reactions