What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't send/receive texts on Apple Sim account

warc1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a 9.7" iPad Pro with a pay-as-you-go data plan with t-Mobile using the Apple Sim. I've had the account for over 3 years and would occasionally receive texts from t-Mobile, though I don't think I ever sent one. Last week, I bought my very first iPhone, which apparently became linked to my iPad Pro, and now I have lost the ability to send or receive texts from t-Mobile. iMessage settings on the tablet indicate that I can only send and receive messages using my new iPhone number or the email address for the Apple id account used by both devices.

Anyone know how to break the link between the phone and tablet to restore my t-Mobile account for messaging? The only online reference I've found states that one of the devices needs to be removed from the Apple id account currently used for both. That doesn't make sense to me as both devices appeared to message on their respective phone numbers on the same Apple id until I inadvertently accepted a link prompt. Any help is appreciated.

Most reactions