What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't see all the mail in my hotmail folders.

Ayrshire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a hotmail acct with a few sub-folders within that account. My problem is .... Some of the folders are showing all of their contents but others are not. I'm baffled as to why that is and want all saved mail to be visible in all folders and not hidden.

The IN, SENT, DRAFTS are working as intended The other two sub folders are showing only 4 things within their folders. I made the new sub folders so that I could organize my mail better. Once the sub folders were made I went into the IN box and moved selected mails to be saved into the new sub folders. As I did that I could see the files being transferred but now are not showing up in the new sub folder. Well only 4 of the mails are able to be viewed.

How can I get all mail to show up in the sub folders ?
thank you

When you click on the sub folder, you can see files really quickly scrolling up to the top but ends so I can only see the 4 first files transferred.
Definitely see that others were uploaded as they whiz past at opening of folder .

Last edited:
OP
A

Ayrshire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nobody has ever had this problem of some of your emails go into hiding?

OP
A

Ayrshire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to reply to my question.

I am using hotmail on my iPad. I only have the iPad no iMac or PC.

I want to be able to see everything in each of the sub folders / mailbox

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you set a limit?
Look at Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars - the account. Tap it to see the settings there, especially "Mail Days to Sync". Choose "No Limit", if you haven't done so.

Last edited:
OP
A

Ayrshire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks JA, yes my setting is set for no limit. The funny part is, when you click on the sub-folder to open it up, you can see there are more files in there as they whiz their way up to the top, leaving me only 4 to view in one folder. The other sub-folder leaves me with only 2 mails that I can read. I know there are many more mails in the folder it's just that they are hiding within the folder. They have not been deleted.

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you choose "Organize by Thread" in Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars - Mail? You'll see the day/date and two small arrows next to it, and all the emails and replies that belong to one thread will show up when you tap that email:

image-717744688.jpg

See if this helps:
In Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendar go to Fetch New Data:

image-1230571087.jpg

Tap it, then look for the account and tap this one as well. Now you can select Push, Fetch or Manual, and right under these you can choose which folders to fetch:

image-513497307.jpg

Check mark the ones that don't show all emails and see if this changes the behaviour of the folders.

Last edited:

nclatwor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you set a limit?
Look at Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars - the account. Tap it to see the settings there, especially "Mail Days to Sync". Choose "No Limit", if you haven't done so.
This worked like a dream - thanks

Most reactions